Here is the link to Sunday’s service for any who missed it https://youtu.be/4T5TqjzH1jc
TOWN HALL SUMMARY:
- We will have a float in this years Junction City Light Parade. The overall theme of the event is “the Polar Express”, our float will be “the Island of Misfit Toys”. Parade is Friday 12/2 at 7:00pm. There will be more meetings/information to come about this. Volunteers will be needed to construct the float as well as participate in the parade either riding on the float or walking along side to hand out candy.
- Rather than doing the family fun nights once a month, we will switch to once a quarter. The next event will be the chili cook-off on February 4th.
- We will do our “Decking the Halls” on November 30th at 6:00pm. Bring a special treat and a white elephant gift. We will have an exchange when we are done putting up decorations.
- Discussed the need for more volunteer turn out for events whether you are interested in the event happening or not. The events aren’t for us, they are for the community & we can’t do what we need to do if we don’t have enough participation.
- The prayer slips will now be inserted into the weekly bulletin. As always, there is more information on prayer slips and our prayer wall below under the “REMINDERS” heading.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
|Both||Thursday||11/17||1:00pm||Sweet Teas via Zoom; link will be sent in separate email
|River Road||Thursday||11/17||6:00pm||Trivia Team @ The Beer Station in Junction City (495 Holly Street) All ages are welcome & you are not obligated to attend every week. If you are going to come, please check this link https://www.djtrivia.com/cod/ for the Clue of the Day for clues about questions that will be asked that day as well as an item to bring to score bonus points. (It’s different every day so you must check on Thursday!)
|Salem||Sunday||11/27||After Service||Holiday hall decorating
|River Road||Wednesday||11/30||6:00pm||“Decking the Halls”. Bring a special treat and a white elephant gift. We will have a little exchange when the decorating is done.
|River Road||Friday||12/2||6:15pm||Junction City Light parade, staging of float begins at 6:15pm in front of the High School.
|River Road||Tuesday||12/13||6:00pm||Advisory Meeting
|River Road||Sunday||12/18||After Service||Townhall|
I will continue to add any prayers received on request slips during Sunday service to the prayer wall on our website unless the slip specifically says that it is not to be posted on-line. The prayer wall is available 24/7 for anyone to add a prayer. Although the prayer wall is on Eugene’s website it is also open for Salem members to use! Once at https://gcieugene.org/ hover over the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading at the top of the screen & then click on Prayer Wall when it appears. Scroll to the bottom of the prayer list to enter your request into the provided fields. The name field is required; however, if you would like to add a request anonymously, you can enter “anonymous” there. You will still have to enter your email address, but it will not be posted anywhere. Once you have filled out the four fields (name, email, prayer request & select to share), click submit to post your request to the wall.