Good afternoon, everyone!
Here is the link to yesterdays sermon: https://youtu.be/Vm2TvcGaC4k
The theme for next week will be the often painful path to perfection. Scripture passages:
· Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
· Jeremiah 18:1-11
· Philemon 1:25
· Luke 14:25-33
EVENTS/HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK:
· Thursday 9/1 – It’s our first trivia team event! Join us at the Beer Station in Junction City (495 Holly Street) for trivia night. This is a weekly event (not that you are required to attend every week).
There is alcohol available, but it is a family friendly establishment & kids of all ages are welcome. There is also a variety of food trucks on site if you’d like to eat dinner there while you play. For an extra boost to our score, check out the “Clue of the Day” at djtrivia.com/cod on Thursdays. There will be a clue toward a question that will be asked as well as instruction for something to bring for an extra 20 points. (Silly things; last week was a mail order catalog.) Please contact me if you have any questions.
· Saturday 6/3 – 1st Saturday event: Trivia Night. Bring snacks to share & fellowship starting at 6:00, game will start at 7:00pm. As usual, this even is held at the River Road church but Salem members are welcome too!
· Sunday 9/4 – There will be a Blessing of the Backpacks during service so if you have a kiddo in school, remember to bring their backpack with you on Sunday!
· Sunday 9/4 – After service there will be a meeting to kick off planning for the Trunk or Treat. If you’d like to be involved, please stay.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Congregation Day Date Time Event/Announcement
Both Thursday TBD 1:00pm Sweet Teas will be starting their meetings again at some point in September; I don’t have the date.
River Road Thursday 9/1 6:00pm – Trivia Team @ The Beer Station in Junction City 7:30pm (495 Holly Street)
Both Saturday 9/3 6:00pm 1st Saturday event: Trivia Night. Bring snacks to share & fellowship starting at 6:00, game will start at 7:00pm. As usual, this even is held at the River Road church but Salem members are welcome too!
River Road Sunday 9/4 During Blessing of the Backpacks Service
River Road Sunday 9/4 After Trunk or Treat planning meeting Service
Both Wednesday 9/14 6:00pm Women’s book club will be starting back up today. Please be ready to discuss chapter 9. We
will be meeting at the Eugene church but will also have Zoom as an option for those who aren’t local. The Zoom link will be sent in a separate email the week of the meeting.
Both Saturday 9/24 8:00am – Yard sale at the River Road church; see Marilyn o 4:00pm or Michele for details. If you have items that you would like to include but are unable to store them until the sale, bring them in & we can store them in the parsonage.
Both Friday – 10/7 – 10/9 Women’s Retreat at CRC; More info to come.
River Road Sunday 10/16 After Pastor Appreciation Day: Please see Michele Service Thompson if you have any ideas, would like to help out or to make a donation.
· Please set up Amazon Smile to automatically make donations when you shop. There are separate numbers for text to give for each congregation; Eugene is 1-458-209-2209, Salem is 1-971-273-5588. If you need help getting set up with either Amazon Smile or texting donations, please see a
member of the advisory team & we would be happy to help you.
· I will continue to add any prayers received on request slips during Sunday service to the prayer wall on our website unless the slip specifically says that it is not to be posted on-line. The prayer wall is available 24/7 for anyone to add a prayer. Although the prayer wall is on Eugene’s website it is also open for Salem members to use! Once at https://gcieugene.org/ hover over the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading at the top of the screen & then click on Prayer Wall when it appears. Scroll to the bottom of the prayer list to enter your request into the provided fields. The name field is required; however, if you would like to add a request anonymously, you can enter “anonymous” there. You will still have to enter your email address, but it will not be posted anywhere. Once you have filled out the four fields (name, email, prayer request & select to share), click submit to post your request to the wall.